My son loves Mac and cheese! He goes through phases where he loves a certain food for months and months. He loves pasta and soup! I recently made Baked Cheetos Mac And Cheese and it was a hit!
My son loves snack foods, such as chips, cookies, and even Cheetos! I try not to buy snacks because he will eat them within hours or within days! When I do take him to the grocery store, I try to make our trip into a learning exercise! I love asking him questions and have him “help” me find items at the store.
When we are out and about and I need to buy quick snacks, I usually choose Cheetos! I love the crunch!
Since my son loves pasta, I wanted to make homemade mac and cheese! This way, we have a big batch and plenty of leftovers!
Our Baked Cheetos Mac And Cheese is a hit! This will be a great addition to our dinner rotation! If you’re looking for possible side dishes, check out the Orzo Summer Salad, Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Brussels Sprouts, and Oven Ranch Potatoes.
If you have an Instant Pot, you can cook the elbow macaroni in the instant pot in just minutes! That’s what I did. I love my Instant Pot! I love that I can cook pasta, eggs, etc in just minutes. I used to dislike making pasta because it took so long to boil the water, add pasta, wait another several minutes before draining!
Baked Cheetos Mac And Cheese
• 16oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Elbow Macaroni
• 5 Tablespoons Butter
• 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
• 2 Cups Whole Milk
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• 1 Teaspoon Pepper
1. Place butter in large skillet.
2. Add the flour to the butter and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned
3. Add the milk and whisk.
4. Add the salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
5. Slowly stir in cheese (save a little cheese to sprinkle later) and the last 2 Tablespoons of butter and whisk until smooth and melted.
6. Add the noodles once the cheese has melted.
7. Pour into a baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Crush Cheetos.
10. Remove from oven and cover with crushed Cheetos.
11. Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Baked Cheetos Mac And Cheese
- 16 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Elbow Macaroni
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- Place butter in large skillet.
- Add the flour to the butter and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned
- Add the milk and whisk.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
- Slowly stir in cheese (save a little cheese to sprinkle later) and the last 2 Tablespoons of butter and whisk until smooth and melted.
- Add the noodles once the cheese has melted and mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Crush Cheetos.
- Remove from oven and cover with crushed Cheetos.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for a delicious comfort food that is kid-friendly and family-friendly? The kids can help make this! Who doesn’t love playing with their food? They can easily help crush the Cheetos! Don’t forget to bookmark and pin this recipe!
I am going to do this
Darlene Carbajal says
That looks so good!
Looks different then the one my Grandma made .
Kelly Kimmell says
I think my daughter would enjoy this updated version.
Alicia Hewitt says
This would be a nice treat for my daughter. I usually only cook organic Mac n cheese for her.
Susan Smith says
My daughter would love this as her two favorite foods are mac & cheese and Cheetos.